- 2018 International Blues Challenge Solo/Duo finalist
- 2018 Nominated “Best Solo Act”- Pinebelt Awards
- 2017 International Blues Challenge Solo Finalist
- 2017 Mississippi Music Awards Nominated
- 2017 Solo Artist of Year Nominated- Pinebelt Awards
- 2016 Acoustic Blues Album of Year Nominated- Indie Blues Awards
- 2016 Album of Year Nominated- Pinebelt Awards
- 2016 Top Album of Year - Dime Magazine
- 2016 Top 10 Album - Southland Music Line
- 2016 Top Act of Year - Jericho Road Show - Southland Music Line
ABOUT WES LEE
Wes Lee has appeared solo in many festivals throughout the Southeast including The L.A. Songwriter's Festival, King of the Delta Blues Festival, The Juke Joint Festival, The Roots Reunion, Hubfest, The Jimmie Rodgers Festival, Robert Johnson Remembrance Festival, Natchez Bluff Blues Festival, and has performed for the Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour. Other times he has been accompanied by his band 'Blue Roux' at Bogalusa Blues & Heritage Festival, 59/20 Festival, Margaritafest, South Mississippi State Fair, Equinox Festival, among others. Wes and Blue Roux headlined the Stella Blues Festival in 2014. See the gallery for the beautiful poster.
Wes Lee has made his home in Mississippi since 1995. His musical career started on brass instruments in the genres of Jazz, Dixieland, Swing, Classical, and Funk but switched to guitar in 1997, to further embrace the Blues. He quickly became a strong Bluesman in the Southeast and has shared the stage with Tab Benoit, Tinsley Ellis, Kenny Neal, Sonny Landreth, John Mooney, Greg 'Fingers' Taylor, Steve Forbert, Ruthie Foster, among others.